Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inspiration Wednesday!


Hurray for Inspiration, Hurray for Wednesday, Hurray for Inspiration Wednesday!


My beautiful new sister!

This Week I was inspired by a post from DesignMom back in November. Her daughter made these adorable monogrammed mugs for Christmas for all their family member (how fantastic is that, a diy Christmas, awesome!)







image and directions found here

I just knew I had to make my very own!
My brother was getting married so I thought since his bride loves everything handmade and her shower theme was Monogram, that this would be the perfect occasion to showcase my easy peasy diy mugs! I took a little license while making my own. First I went to the dollartree, and found two white mugs, DesignMom went to the thrift store but you could also even use old mugs that you already own.

Then I went to AC Moore and bought the porcelaine pen in black, it was about four dollars but if you go online and get an ACMoore coupon you can save up to half. I did buy the transfer paper that DesignMom suggest but I found that hand drawing it while looking up a font that I liked was much easier (or you could even use a stencil) and used pencil before I decided on a final product. After I was happy with the results I used the porcelaine pen and then baked the mugs as stated on pen directions.


The result was so awesome! They were a hit at the shower! Instead of doing just a regular monogram I did special "Mr. and Mrs." Mugs so they will never be confused about whose coffee is whose, because you know, you don't want to get cooties!

My only complaint about the porcelaine pens is that they don't last long, so I would suggest maybe getting two or a variety of colors! Total cost for each mug is a little over 2 dollars when factoring in the porcelaine pen!

Whats inspiring you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment